Different Types of Area Rugs for your Lifestyle
Types of Area Rugs
One flooring option that provides a ton of flexibility and yet is not as invasive as other options is an area rug. An area rug allows you, as a home owner, to take advantage of a flooring option that protects the hard surface below, while also bringing warmth and style to your home. The possibilities of what an area rug can provide really are endless. Gold Star Carpet One Floor & Home and our staff are here to work with you to find out how an area rug can either compliment your already gorgeous room, or be the star of its new location.
Aside from protecting the floor below it, there are a number of benefits to consider when choosing an area rug. Area rugs can provide a nice soft footing that is welcoming to any guests you may be entertaining. You will also have the flexibility to move the flooring option as you please. Meaning, if you determine that the current location of the area rug is not ideal, since it is not tied down, you are able to move it!
The fibers that are used to make an area rug will also each have their own unique features:
Rug Fibers – Natural
1. Sisal: environmentally friendly as it is made from plant products, has unique textures
2. Wool: the durability from wool rugs allow it to hold up against heavy foot traffic, stain and soil resistant
3. Silk: luxurious feel
4. Cotton: cost-effective option that is easy to clean
Rug Fibers – Synthetic
1. Nylon: holds up in high traffic areas and can prevent stains
2. Polyester: soft and luxurious feel with eye-popping colors
3. Olefin: colorfast and stain resistant
Want to learn more about area rugs? Stop by Gold Star Carpet One Floor & Home, conveniently located in Denison, TX and work with a member our professional staff today!