Information on how to properly take care of your carpet flooring.
Proper Carpet Maintenance
You try to vacuum a few times a week, but hey, life’s busy. If the dirt doesn’t show, why bother? There are a lot of reasons why it is a good idea to grab the vacuum and get to work.
Cleaning Your Carpet Makes It Look and Smell Better
Have you ever walked into your house only to be smacked in the face with a smell you cannot identify? It could be the grime in your carpet. Carpet fibers attract all sorts of things like danger, mold spores, insects and bacteria. All of these things can eat away at those carpet fibers and cause it to smell. Plus, regular cleaning makes it look better too!
Cleaning Your Carpets Prevent Stains
Every household must deal with spills. Attacking those stains right away will help keep them from becoming permanent.
Cleaning Your Carpets Helps Keep Your Family Healthier
Carpets are a breeding ground for allergens and bacteria. Research shows that most household carpets contain more than 1,000 different types of bacteria and virus such as e-coli, salmonella and worse! Even the smallest food crumbs will eventually start to rot deep inside your carpet, creating a health hazard. Vacuuming your carpets every few days can help keep these dangerous bacterium from spreading through your household. Of course, regular deep cleaning is the best way to keep your family safe and healthy.
Cleaning Your Carpets Makes It last Longer
Flooring can be expensive. The better you care for it, the longer it will last. Dust and dirt can get ground into fibers, actually cutting through them and making your carpet and padding break down. This will make it look worn and lifeless. Simply running the vacuum can pull those particles out of the carpet and keep it looking great for years longer.
The Right Way to Care for Your Carpet
Taking care of your carpet doesn’t have to take a lot of time – or energy. Here are some basic carpet maintenance tips to help you care for your carpeting and keep it looking great:
- Use door mats: this will help trap outside dirt before it can be reach your carpet
- Wear slippers indoors: the bottoms of your shoes are full of all sorts of nasty things: pet feces; dead bugs; bacteria; dirt, etc. Encourage everyone in your household to remove their shoes when entering.
- Clean pet paws: give your pets paws a quick wash when they come in from outside. This will keep all sorts of mud and grime off of your carpets.
- Clean up spills quickly. This will help keep carpets from staining.
- Use area rugs in high traffic areas
- Regular vacuuming for all carpet flooring
Carpeting is a comfortable, cozy addition to any home. But don’t let it get drab looking just because you don’t clean it properly. Use these tips to keep fibers fresh; colors bright; and the overall look clean and fresh.