Different Types of Carpet
Types of Carpet
Arguably the most versatile flooring option to consider is carpet flooring. With a vast selection of colors and styles, the process can be overwhelming. Here at Gold Star Carpet One, we would love to inform you on the styles of carpet to consider.
The most common carpet you can find in homes will be the cut pile carpet. Cut pile carpet is made from yarn that is cut on the ends. When weighing a cut pile carpet, there are 5 major styles to consider.
1. Velvet: Has a untwisted non-heat set yarn allows for a soft touch
2. Cable: Great for a loose and informal look with its thick yarn
3. Shag: Both mats and crushes easily with the longer length yarn it has
4. Frieze: Has a higher resistant to matting with its highly twisted tufts and surface curl
5. Saxony: Uses its heat set to provide a that carpet that is durable with a tuft appearance
The loop pile carpet is one that works best in high traffic areas.
1. Level Loop: Has a smooth look with loops that are all of the same height
2. Multi-Loop Pile: Has a pattern effect because the loops that make up the products are of different heights
Another style you should take into consideration is the combination pile carpet. This style has features from the previously mentioned types to create its own unique presence.
1. Random Shear: Deluxe texture that has both uncut and cut loops of different lengths
2. Level and Cut Loop Pile: Made from both cut and uncut loop piles
3. Tip Shear: Has the same characteristics as the random shear without the same noticeable appearance
For more information on the different styles of carpet for you lifestyle, visit Gold Star Carpet One in Denison, TX or give us a call at 903-357-5134 today to speak with a member of our professional staff.